Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Zoology!

Some time ago - my mother in law asked if I would teach a group of her friends at church a crafting project. I thought - no problem - I am sure I can come up with something. Months went by, and I forgot all about it. Early last week, she calls to tell me there are 14 people in the class and that she couldn't wait to see me on Saturday! Argh.

I stood in front of my scrapbooking table staring at the paper, stamps and inks covering the entire surface. What could I do that would satisfy the scrapping needs of the total newbie to the complete addict? And then I spotted them - Zoology - my favorite new set from the Winter 2008 release. It was perfect! An image and its corresponding phrase were all I needed to create an adorable set of cards.


All 14 ladies loved their cards - we made these four in the class - but the whole set of stamps was passed around and they all stamped the rest of the images and phrases so they could complete the entire set when they got home.


In the most recent newsletter there was a great scrapbook page by Eileen Collins made with these stamps - so they are not just for cards! To make embellishments like those on the "Sidewalk Chalk Talk" layout, stamp animal images from our new Zoology stamp set using black ink. Then use colored pencils to enhance the stamped images. You can learn more about the products used to make this layout on our website.

If you didn't receive our newsletter last week, go to our website: www.techniquetuesday.com and enter your email address in the little box on the left side of the page.

Happy Stamping!
Angela @ TT

1 comment:

D's Paper Studio said...

I like Eileens layout very much. Great job.