Monday, January 28, 2008

Scrapbooks Etc Features FUNdamental Rings!

I forgot to check the mail on Saturday. And by the time I remembered yesterday, there was about a foot of snow on the ground. To some people that isn't a big deal. But here in Oregon - its a rare occurrence! I thought I should trudge down the road to check the mail - and I thought the whole time "This better be worth it." And it was!!! The new Feb/March issue of Scrapbooks Etc was in there! Yeah!!

As I was flipping through the issue - devouring every page like I usually do, I came across page 59. SB etc has started a new feature called "Make it Work: 2008 Creative Team Challenge" in which they give their (fabulously talented) design team the same three products and let them each show their own personal style. And which product was chosen to be featured in this inaugural issue? Technique Tuesday's very own - FUNdamental Rings 12x12 technique Tiles!!

There were so many fabulous pages featured! So I will let you look through your own issue - I don't want to ruin the enjoyment of the entire article, but here are some of my thoughts on a few selected pages:

Sande Krieger - "Motherhood" I love how Sande "Thought outside the box" with
this round layout. The bright and cheery colors along with the offset rings

really draw your eyes to the photograph in the center.

Valerie Salmon - "Five" I love how she covered the ring surrounding her main
photo with patterned paper and used smaller rings to accent her sub-title.
The larger ring with the title on it really helps to draw your eye around to
the top right corner of the page to the smaller adorably silly pictures of
her son really showing off his personality!

Miley Johnson - "Friends" Miley brought the fun from the black and white pictures
out with the bright colors of the polkadots in this page. She repeated the polka
dots from the inside rings to the outside corners. I also like how she
journaled on the skinniest outside ring.

Thanks so much to the entire Scrapbooks Etc design team! I hope their pages will bring you inspiration for your own memories!!

Here are a few from our own talented creative team to help you spark that creativity in the meantime!






On this page Eileen used the FUNdamental Rings on their own to create a round page. She stamped
images from the Vroom! set around the outside of the frame and colored them in with Glaze pens to get the vivid colors. Click here to learn more about the products featured on this layout.






On this layout Sharyn used many different sizes of the rings to put the focus on each member of her family - including herself! Great job Sharyn! Click here to learn more about the products featured on this layout.

Happy Stamping!

- Angela @ TT




3 comments:

rpfangirljr said...

The projects in the magazine were awesome! And the 2 you have posted are wonderful!

Sawyer's Mommy said...

I was excited to see the use of TT products in this issue of Scrapbooks Etc.

Thanks for sharing more projects. I especially love that first one.

Karen Kelly said...

I love these, but I have not done anything nearly as creative with mine ;-)